Monday, April 29, 2013

Hey family!!

Wow! What a week. I feel like I`m in a different mission! My companion is a boss! Elder Prestwich from Riverton, Utah is a capo and we`ve been working hard this week! Right before cambios I was talking with an Elder who was in our Pinch about how to work with people! He gave me a great answer when he said, "together is the best way to work with people!" Elder Prestwich and I have been working together and it has made the mission something else! We pass the day en la calle talking about pavadas and of course things that we liked, things that we can improve on or ways that we as a companionship can do things differently. It has been really open and really funny! He is one of a kind! haha Some of the things in his mind are.. interesting, but with careful thought he`s got a point! We`ve had a great week- kinda a lot of doors in the face, but without a doubt we are doing our part! Presidente Stapley shared something with us about seeing great things happen in our missions, we HAVE to have the spirit with us!! Si o Si! Which consequently means that we must change. Well we`ve been through lots of changes this last week and something that we`ve tried to do with all these changes is promise the Lord our work and our hearts! You had a point there last week mom, I took what you said and it helped me a ton! =) Ha at different times in the week we had like ALL doors shut in our face and all the appointments canceled and that was when the promise that we made came back into mind and it helped us give a little bit more! I found a sweet scripture in Hebrews 10 that I learned un montòn from-

35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. 

39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Monica is doing great! We worked with her this week to have a different outlook on faith! Instead of just asking if these things are true we invited her to trust the feelings that she has already had and go forth with faith! She prayed later saying, "Lord I believe these things are true and I`ll keep listening, but help me to learn more!" WOW! Que capa! We`ve got the best investigators! ha. Also we`ve been able to work a little bit more with her family and a friend of hers!

So yesterday we were with the familia Moya and we talked to them about using their computer for skype! They said that it would be fine. I`m assuming that we`ll do it after church here (like 1 pm) or something like that. I still will have to get more info, but I`m super excited to chat with you guys!

I wish Ryan and Dad a great great birthday and hope that you guys have a great week! Love you guys tons and will be thinking of you guys on your big days!

Love ya guys tons!
Saludos
Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment