Monday, April 1, 2013

Hey family!! (a hello to Grandma and Paka too!)

Thanks so much for your pictures, I loved seeing tons of them! :) (began to forget who you all look like! Ha) Sounds like you guys had and are having a blast in St. George! I was really impressed by the "penados" of everyone. It looks a tons like Argentina.. super short on the side with "thick wavy locks" on top (Skyman haha) And I wasn´t for sure, but I think I saw Rynee wearing caprees in one of those pictures...? ¿Avisemos a Analisa? Ha just yoking around! :)

Alright so with the bummer news of BYU I have a little bit more time to be writing you guys- mejor así! I am doing super good, the weather is turning super fallish right now. We´ve had a couple beautiful days here, but then this morning we woke up to some rain. I love seeing the change of colors and being able to feel the fall air right now! Bosques is good!! We are supposed to be in each area that we go to.. I´m sure that the asignaciones come from our Heavenly Father. I get around now, there are a lot of different street names so I´m no pr,o but where we need to go, I get there! That´s been a great blessing, I now feel more involved in the work here and that´s nice. I feel like I can pray and study more specifically for those that are here. Igual, this week has been pretty tough, we aren´t finding a lot of "sure" plans or "sure" people to plan for. We are still working with our less active lists and on our part we are contacting more and more. If we don´t have a lot to do in order to have success, well we need to make our own success! The people here are open to talking, commitment is what we are working to strengthen in Bosques! Elder López and I have been pretty stressed.. we try not to show it or say it but it´s there for sure. One thing that is great about Elder Lopez and the work that we´re doing right now is that we are open to improving. Por ahí we don´t have a lot to show in Bosques but the Lord is helping us to change! We´ve been working constantly on being more open with each other, finding ways to always be excited and happy in the work and to enjoy ourselves. As we´ve done that as a companionship we´ve seen great blessings and a greater friendship between us. It´s something that I´ve been wanting to improve as a missionary and the Lord sure knows what we need! :)

Well this week we had the opportunity to go to a mini-zone conference that President and Sister Stapley attended and taught at. The topic was Faith, Hope and Charity. In Buenos Aires Sur we´ve been able to place high metas to esforzarnos to be better missionaries and to come to know our Savior better. The goal that we set from this zone conference was to be able to read the Book of Mormon in 90 days! Andale Andale! Ha that´s quick reading.. we´re gonna do it though! This last week I had a couple great studies to start off my 90 days. I got to studying about what each principle meant and how to notice them in OUR lives and how these attributes were noticed in the lives of Nephi and his family! I wanted to share with you guys a thought I found on hope. "In our day, the word hope shows uncertainty or even doubt. In the scriptures the word hope is something that is sure and is assured. As followers of Jesus Christ we can have a surety, assurance and trust that we will receive all blessings that have been promised to the saints." That helped me out this week as we continue to work with the assurance that we are doing good for the Lord.

Well, Happy Easter!! Hope it went well for you! The Easter Egg hunt doesn´t exist here. It is a well known holiday in Argentina, but it has more to do with La Semana Santa. This whole last week there has been a great focus in the churches of the last week of Jesus Christ's life. There are lots of movies that we saw people watching and in general a lot of people come close to the church this week. Yesterday, it was hard to believe that it was Easter Sunday.. snuck up on me! To get me in the mood I read a talk by President Monson from May of 2011 called "He is Risen." He explains the Plan of Salvation in such a clear way and you really see the need of a Savior in our lives. The rest of the day, and especially through the Monday meetings I loved being able to focus my attention of the great sacrifice that that Savior offered for me.

10 Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;

11 For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.

12 And he hath arisen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance.

13 And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth!

Over this Easter Sunday I was grateful for my Mediator, who took upon Himself the punishment of my sins so that I can hope for an eternal life. I am grateful that He has set the conditions whereby we may repay Him! I know that repentance is essential for us to be able to receive all blessings of the Atonement. Yesterday I was grateful to know that I will one day be judged by Him and no one else. We truly are subject and greatly indebted to Him for the price He paid for us, but how amazing it is to know that He has made the way easy for all of us! I can´t wait for General Conference and hope that you guys all have a great rest of the week!

Love ya
Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment