Monday, February 6, 2012

¡Buenas Tardes!

How are you all! Ah almost didn´t get the chance to come to ciber today, we had a zone activity today and it was prolonged too much so I´m so very grateful that I was able to get all your letters. Thank you very very much for the recap on your week and what a week it has been! The house looks good and cozy! Perfect :) and supa fresh livin´. The carpet looks fantastic.. day dreams of my carpet naps entered into my mind when I saw it. You all should try one out for me!

Fiorito! We sometimes don´t know what we´re in for while we are on the Lord's time, but he sure is going to help us find out! It has been a very productive and VERY tiring week. This has been one week that has put me pretty tired every day. But we want to work with unweariness and that has definitely been my goal this week. Fast walking and just go go go! Two Years... that´s all we get! Elder Merritt is awesome and has been very helpful to helping us get going in our work. We are working well together and both have a strong desire to work and to produce results. In this area there hasn´t been a lot of work done in the past, unfortunately there have been some trucho Elders here so we weren´t left with much as I came in. But we thrust in our sickle and grow where we are planted! One of our goals this week was to find as much people as possible and try and get a nest of investigators. We were so blessed to find 10 new investigators this week and I had a great testimony building experience everyday as we press on to complete this goal. I know without a doubt that the Lord is our guide and as we persevere we will eventually be blessed.

One lady named Graciela that we found yesterday was powerful! When we first talked to her she was telling us that she believes that she has been taught wrong in religion and that she just can´t find a church that allows her to feel comfortable... BIG SMILE and a raised eyebrow at that response!... Well, well do we have a message for you dear hermana! As she was talking to us about all these problems I couldn´t help but have probably the dumbest smile on my face! The message that we share is unlike any other. I have noticed a lot here in Argentina that a lot of religion is just based upon how much they ask you to pay in order to be baptized or if you like the pastor or not! What a blessing it is to freely give of this message and even better to Promise these people that they do not have to accept our words, in fact it is probably better that they don´t. But that our loving Savior is there to give the best response that they need, an eternal testimony that can burn in their hearts and give them goober smiles for no reason. It is a blessing that I cannot describe! I had the blessing to testify to her of the joy that I was filled with and the promise that she can feel the same. Isn´t this gospel incredible?!

It has been so hot here the last couple days with rain storms and humidity out of control! One of the days we got stuck in a down pour without an umbrella... that was a bummer! We came back just drenched. There has been a couple times that that has happened but it is actually really fun.. after the fact! I´m excited for February to be over just so we can start seeing some cooler temps but I´m not gonna tell you guys about that cause you´re in winter.

Right now we are excited to start meeting with these investigators a second time and really begin to help them progress. The first transfer after being trained really has been tough but such a blessing. I have really had to evaluate what it means to be a missionary and what it takes to work outside of your comfort zone. Every now and then I just have to wonder what in the world do I do here in Fiorito. It is a new way to think and I really know that something good is happening here, there is a change coming in Fiorito, there is SO much room to improve our branch so I´m excited to be part of this change and beginning to understand that it is by obedience and just unwearied perseverance that will get us to where we need to go. It is a journey but we know it is possible through our Savior.

Today I studied a lot about charity and love and found GOLD! I learned how important it is to be understanding! In Hebrews 2:18 it talks about what it means to succor. How He knows how to help us because He knows that this life is tough. It is amazing to me that our Savior had the same, if not more trials than we do but He was without sin! What a perfect foundation we have to build on!! He did it! This life and the problems that we are facing are possible. He understands that we aren´t perfect, no importa, He died anyway. He understands that we are going to fall into trials, no importa, He knows how to help us out! I know without a doubt my Savior is real. Time and time again I have proved myself right in this regard and time and time again I promise that He will prove His love to us! I know He understands.

I love you all so so much and can´t describe how badly I love this gospel. I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Jolley

P.S. Dear Mother. I know that is has been WEEKS that I have been promising pictures... This new area is a little more "sketchy" if you will and we're still trying to find out a good way to pull out the camera! I have TONS for you all but just want to be safe with my stuff. I am so so so sorry! Please forgive me and I promise that I have some coming! Thanks so much for yours! : ) I love you Mamma!

No comments:

Post a Comment