Monday, July 29, 2013

Buenas!

Hey family!! What a great week, thanks for your emails! I love being "with" you guys and seeing what you are all up to. Things are doing good and continuing to improve here. We`re coming from a fun zone activity right now, we had a couple Peruvian elders that wanted to cook some native dishes for us (haha I was checking ingredients for pig feet! none today though). So we decided to get together and cook and play some volleyball today! We`ve had much nicer temperatures lately so that has been a lot more enjoyable!

Well we`ve had a good week, we`ve been busy! Elder Anaya are getting work done and we`re really having a good time too, he`s hilarious which has been a blessing to not focus at all on any negativity or things like that, usually we just find something else to laugh about. We have continued to work with a couple great families that we`ve found together and we really want to find more and help more, that`s the good thing! We`re doing all we can to prepare ourselves and to get out there and do as we`ve felt inspired to put down. I think I`ve told you guys about Gabriel and Andrea, they`re doing great! They are fun to go back and visit because they are always full of comments and questions. They always read and keep that important enthusiasm of wanting to know the truth. They have come in contact with a couple other preachers and stuff like that that has got them to really ponder on what they are hearing and what they need in their lives- the blessing has been that they have felt already the spirit through the Book of Mormon, they haven`t read much and know little about it, but they are led to believe that it is God's word! We had a couple talk with them on Saturday about the importance of what they`ve felt, the spirit never jokes around, but is always very precise and direct in his whisperings- they took confidence in what we`ve told them and are determined to come to a conclusion. Hopefully they will end in baptism! We`ve gone out this last week to all those who we`ve been teaching and all those who we find and had a good talk with them, I think if anything we`ve come to know better, and explained what the end result is! It is really a blessing to be a missionary, but really we don`t make a difference if we don`t bring souls to Christ- that`s the reason for our ministry! So we`ve gone and challenged 5 of our investigators to receive baptism. I`ve seen the Lord teach ME why I`m there with these people- I have grown in love for them especially as we come to understand our purpose of going to them!

On Friday we had a great exchange that we did with some elders on the other side of town. They had a baptismal interview so Elder Anaya went over there and I got to take the area! When I got to Avellaneda I put the goal to get to know the area in 2 weeks so that was kinda my test. I have gained a testimony that our Heavenly Father really helps us in our righteouss desires. He supports us and even gives us greater capacity in our work! El Elder and I had a great day! ..we didnt get into one house all day but how good I felt! Wow, can`t explain how good it was to get our there and just feet to the pavement missionary work. We didn`t stop all day and were always tryng to go to where the Lord wanted us to be. When we got back to the apartment a feeling of satisfaction came over us and we knew that we had done all we could. The next day in the morning before getting our companions we were walking on the street and saw this lady carrying a big pack on the street, we felt to offer our help. When we did she gladly accepted and as we walked we came to find out that she had a mormon friend who she LOVED and was very touched by the type of person she was. We asked her if she would be interested in hearing a message of the gospel but she one-uped us and asked where our church was- we gave her the direction not thinking much about it but then she said, "tomorrow I`ll go with you boys!" Well, she came!! Teresita was like any other member there in the church and was so friendly and open to everything that she heard! What a miracle that we had there. "When faith increases, so do miracles."

Well family that`s all the time I`ve got! I love you and hope you know that. I love my Savior, I am so glad to follow Him and to serve Him. I promise I couldn`t be out here if I didn`t know that He does live, I`m so sure of it. I don`t begin to understand all about Him; how He is and why things happen as they do, we make so many mistakes and never reach the level where we should. I stand all amazed right? ·3 Nephi 9 13-14: 

13 O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?

14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.

Love ya
Elder Jolley


 Visiting with the Elders and an Argentine Family


 Elder Anaya and I from the 16th floor apartment

 In front of the "Racing" soccer stadium

No comments:

Post a Comment