Monday, July 22, 2013

Hi famila!

FA!! QUE FRIO!! This week has been absolutely terrible for the cold! "Polar Air" as the news says! I believe every bit and the worst is that it totally tricks you! In our tower it actually stays really warm and we don`t feel any wind or anything like that so on a couple mornings we`d look outside and see that everything was good and there in our short sleeves we were comfortable but then when we left the apartment and opened the door, WOW!! It has been very cold! So we`ve had to go back up and bundle up! Scarves are a drew, I don`t feel lame in saying that either! I thought you were un chavón if you wore one before the mission but I love it now! So we´ve survived this week with the cold. Avellaneda is sweet!! It's a different form of working. This last week we hardly talked to anyone by contacts on the street just cause nadie te hace caso, everyone`s in a rush to get somewhere so we`ve had to rely a lot on the members. They are fantastic, they`ve really shown so much support to the missionary work here. Throughout the week I got to know a few of them and on Sunday it was good to present myself to the ward! Elder Lewis, Villalba and Mines (3 of my old companions) have all passed through this area so its been fun to see some of their converts and such like that! Up to right now I love the area and sigo con el mismo ánimo. I want to finish things off good in this area, lasts the best right? In the area there are 2 parts, the big city and the rural parts that are on the outskirts. We like to work more in the suburb part and outskirts- the city with all its apartment buildings really doesn`t give us a lot to do. I put the goal to get to know the area in 2 weeks and this week I`ve been able to start to manage myself in the area- with a lot of patience from Elder Anaya. Ha he`s let me try and find our lessons a couple times and with tons of confidence I take us like 4 blocks in the opposite direction! Oops. Elder Anaya and I get along super well though, he`s so funny and we spend most of the day laughing and making jokes. There is a really positive feel in our companionship and it`s nice to both be focused on improving and a strong desire to reach our potential! He`s from El Paso, Texas and has 1 transfer more than I do. He`s a bro!

Well this week we`ve worked on our planning a lot. Trying to get things going in our area has been priority numero 1. We have a few investigators that are in the way to get baptized. They`re still a ways off because of marriage and stuff like that, but we have been able to beat a lot of our metas this week! We have difficulty finding a few of them this week, but we have this kid named David that goes out with us all the time that really helps us. Usually he makes time to leave with us in the afternoon and takes us by all his friends! He has zero embarrassment to clap the houses of his friends and just insist that they listen to his "church friends." Haha we`ve begun to teach a couple new families as well. Gabriel and Andrea who we found yesterday- they`ve been really interested in the Book of Mormon and committed to ask about it in prayer. They are our bright future!

I thought this week that I was pretty experienced in Argentina, but on Saturday morning we had a service project and the wonderful hermanas cooked us up this Peruvian soup! It was amazing but had a couple ingredients that were a little strange. Here really traditionally they use all of da vaca and the stomach is a delicacy! It`s called Mondongo! It`s this white rubbering thing that on top has a bunch of brissel looking things like a sea enemeny.. algo así. It`s rubbery and well I thought it was pretty good, doesn`t have a big taste, but the pig foot they gave us.. yes had a really piggy taste! They cut the feet of little pigs then throw it in the pot to boil. Poor Elder Anaya got stuck with the graphic looking foot.. you could still see the little toe nails and on both and the foot hair was still visible! Ha I contemplated on what I was doing to my life as I ate! Haha that`s my funny experience for ya! Can`t wait to get back and cook for you guys! ;)

I wanted to share with you guys a cool scripture I found. I`ve been studying a lot about the atonement and loved what was said and also how special the opportunity to be witnesses of Christ, not just as a missionary, but as a member of His church.

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

I know that`s it`s true, that Christ paid a great price for us so that we can return to God. I know that an Atonement has been made and I have been blessed to feel how much God wants the message of the atonement made known to all His sons and daughters! The work of bringing these souls back to God is so important and I know that God supports us and works through us as we do all we can to have the Spirit. I hope we all have the strong desire to share with those around us that Jesus Christ is our beloved Savior! Se que vive y testifico que nos ama.

Hope you guys have a great week! :)
Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment