Sunday, June 16, 2013

(Letter from June 10th)

Hey family!

Home sweet home I guess!! Welcome to the new house, heard the carpets nice! Not too bad! Sorry couldn`t be there to help you guys out, but I`m sure for the next one I`ll be able to lend a hand.

Well I`m short on time today, but I wanted to give a little bit of a recap of the week! Meetings. Well that was my week! Haha no not all the way but we had an incredible amount of time traveling and a lot of things to do. Poor Elder Jimenez was introduced to life as a zone leader at a terrible time!! We`ve been super busy in keeping up our area and also having to take up the white wash in the new area! We`ve been blessed to work with the members of the ward and they`ve been an incredible help! It has been incredible to see the way the Lord has prepared a way for us to be successful even with all the trials. In all our travels I`ve been able to read a lot in the Book of Mormon and have LOVED the stories of Ammon and Aaron. They are faithful missionaries! If you can go through them this week and read about their experiences!!

Monica came to church! YA! She`s working super hard to quit smoking and its been a blessing to see members of the ward come to her and extend a encouraging word or offer to help in any way! We are hoping that this week we`ll be able to help her into the water! Continue with your prayers! =)

Well sorry guys, I`m outta time but I wanna leave you with my testimony that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. It was performed out of pure love so that the Savior would have the ability to help us become the people that He knows we can be. In our trials if we sacrifice to Him a broken heart and contrite spirit we will soon catch glimpses of who we are to Him! I know that God is our Father and loves us!

10 And it came to pass that the Lord did visit them with his Spirit and said unto them: Be comforted. And they were comforted.

11 And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Much love,
Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment