Monday, May 13, 2013

Hola familia!!

Thanks so much for the call! I loved it! It's the best talking to you guys! haha don`t make fun of the accent! Elder Prestwich and I were trying last night to detect the accent cause his family said the same thing! Ah well. No, but it was so great to see you guys, ya look good and I`m glad that we`re still funny to each other! We are really blessed with the family that we have. I was especially grateful for the prayer- you have no idea how much that meant and ALL the prayers that I receive from the family at home. Kendyl sent me a quote, "You can`t make it on your own. You need the help of the Lord." From your prayers I feel that help and it is an amazing blessing.

Well I`ll give ya a small fun down of the week to get ya caught up a little bit. I mentioned a little bit about Monica who wasn`t able to make it to the church.. that`s always a bummer. With her goal to quit smoking, she needs it so much and we want her to have it. Right after the call we went to her house to check on her, make sure everything was alright. Turns out on Saturday she came down with a fever and was`nt up for any type of activity. We were able to have a small, but great lesson with her last night. We shared a scripture- 2 Nefi 31:17 and explained to her a little bit about steps we take to become happy in our lives. We were planning on taking it one way, but the spirit took us the completely other direction to answer a question that she had asked us earlier on in the week. We saw when a heart is truly prepared to receive something because when we answered her the first time it wasn`t the same.. but tonight we saw her touched by the spirit and a huge "click!" We ended up last night finding and committing her and her 2 kids to a baptismal date in June. The moment was right for everyone and it was a goal that we had, trying to get a time with her kids and share with them.

The spirit has played a huge role in our lives this last week. Our goals have been to get our day goals- ha imagine that! No, but we`ve been working on our commitment to the Lord. We have gotten into the habit of evaluating ourselves and promising the Lord that we will put in our part. On Saturday we had a very special experience. We had got caught up most of the afternoon in a "service project" that was kinda not a service project.. complicated story, but we got out at like 6 o`clock and still had TONS to do in order to complete the day like we promised. We worked through our plans and didn`t have any luck. At like 8:30 we decided to stop and pray for guidance to know what to do! A name came directly to our minds and when we went we had a great lesson with an hermana that is returning to activity in the church. She had been thinking of a friend and wanted us to pass by and be able to work with her- that was the last goal that we were waiting for! Ah.. we went back to the apartment SO happy and felt so blessed for the guidance that we had been given. The spirit really has been a huge blessing this week!

Well, time is short but I wanted to share with you guys a great couple of scriptures that I found this week in my Book of Mormon reading (I`m a little behind- I get super caught up with all the great things that I`m finding, but we`ve got still like 40 days to finish :) wish me luck! ).
Enos became my hero for the faith that he exercised and for the blessing promised to all of us when we have the dedication to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives.

27 And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen.

Preach my Gospel teaches us that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is centered on the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ, His death on the cross and resurection, that because He was lifted up, "all men should be lifted up" as well. IF we like Enos continue in faith and live to let Christ and His atonement enter our lives we will change. We will look forward to the day "with pleasure" when we can enter into His rest, having been made clean and receive powers and glories from our Heavenly Father! I know that this church is true. I know it! This Gospel is real and produces real happiness and fulness of joy, I`m sure!

I love you all! :) Thanks for the call and I hope that we continue as a family to live this amazing gospel!

Have a great week! 
Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment