Monday, October 29, 2012

Hey everybody! :)

I´m a little bit low on time so, please excuse the shorter email today! This week has been super good, we´ve taken a different route with our investigators this week and are excited about how they are going to be able to progress! This week we had been praying hard that Gonzalo or Lenn could accept the invitation to be baptized and take the necessary steps to follow Christ more in their lives. In the end they didn´t feel good enough prepared. I had been fasting for them, that we would be able to understand their needs and to be able to do things how the Lord wanted. Obviously we would love the sweet experience of a baptism, but it is better when they have felt the change in their hearts!! :) We had a great lesson with Gonzalo Friday night! We brought a member that we really felt would be a good support for Gonzalo. The lesson left perfectly! We felt the spirit as we testified of the things that Christ wants us to do- it was a powerful feeling! But we felt a great peace as this member was able to tell his conversion story and then to invite Gonzalo to begin to see these things that we teach him as SMALL steps to experience greater faith and security in his life. I was grateful that what we wanted wasn´t what felt right. The spirit worked in a special way that night,testifying of what was true, but giving us peace for what was right. Isn´t the Lord so tender in teaching us what He wants done?! I was very grateful for His better understanding. Lenn was also the same, we decided to take our teaching and share it in a way that is more directed at the person that we are with, not something we prepare. We want more than anything that these young men APPLY the simple principles in their lives. This is true conversion! :) I feel great in how we are learning to teach, I feel us more focused on who we are with! I am trying harder in each lesson to be more concentrated in the feelings that I receive to teach me what I should say or how I should respond. On several occasions this week I´ve been greatly blessed to stop and understand what is being said and then to speak! Many times it is easy for us when we know the answer to a question of concern to spit out the answer as fast as possible- I have found out that it is a much better experience to wait and listen to everything! We´ve also been working with a lady named Gloria (I think I might have already mentioned her), anyway this week we had a couple fantastic experiences with her! This week she received from a member a video about José Smith and with that she was able to feel the true power of our message! For a few days we had been trying to explain the need of a restoration to her, each time it made more sense, but the movie was the key to helping her FEEL that what we had been teaching had a lot of reason! We are thankful for involved members! Also, she and a couple of her kids were able to go to church, by themselves!! We had offered to go and pick her up but as we turned to corner we looked down the street and she was already halfway to the church! Hmm that was good :) She was bien recibida en la capilla y la disfrutó un montón!

Well there is a little bit for the week! Sorry it was shorter this week! Next week I´ll get on top of things for some pictures and a longer letter! I love you all, thanks for your love! It keeps me going in the moments of trial. I hope that we never forget that God is our Father, He loves us and what He does, He does for a reason. I know that it is a good thing to be humble when we are faced with hardships in our life. "yea, we can see that the Lord in his great infinite goodness doth bless and prosper those who put their trust in him."

23 Therefore, blessed are they who will repent and hearken unto the voice of the Lord their God; for these are they that shall be saved.

24 And may God grant, in his great fulness, that men might be brought unto repentance and good works, that they might be restored unto grace for agrace, according to their works.

All my love!
Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment