Monday, October 8, 2012

Hello hello! :)

How we all doing!? Thanks so much for the great emails and fun experiences! I love all of them!! Wow... can the church be more ture?? Te das cuenta después de escuchar la voz de nuestra profeta. I was so grateful for conference! It passed by so quickly though.. I swear before the mission that conference seemed a lot longer. 2 hours was a big thing for me! Haha times change. We were able to see almost all the sessions, we missed the 1st hour of the first session on Saturday because at the last second Gonzalo decided to bail on us. President Stapley had invited us to bring an investigator to both sessions on Saturday and if we couldn´t find one that it would probably be a better use of our time to go out and work in our areas. We were super bummed to have received the text message from Gonzalo at 12:55! Ha! Bajón. We knew that we had to be obedient so right as President Monson got up to make the big announcement about the Missionary Program (how crazy was that by the way?!- Skyman is gonna be able to leave super quick after I get home if he decides to). Leaving the church was a bummer, but we knew that it was the right thing to do to get out there and get to work. I have a huge testimony and I felt it in that moment that each thing that happens to us in our lives happens for a reason and that there is something Eternal behind each deciding moment. I left praying my lights out that we would be able to understand His will and if possible that we could get back in and listen to the Prophet. As we were walking back Lenn popped into my mind... we had forgotten to check in with him again to make the invitation!! Quickly we called him up and asked if he wanted to listen to a prophet!! Ha luckily he was super chill and told, "yeah, why not! I don´t have anything better going on." Haha whatever it takes right.. the seed of faith is planted in many ways! It was a great great miracle from our Father in Heaven! We watched the conference in our stake center (about 3 blocks from our apartment) and I believe it was a great experience for Lenn and later Gonzalo. In the afternoon session he was able to come and also on Sunday Lenn and Gonzalo were able to come!

I loved the theme of service that I got from the conference. So many talked about the need to show compassion through loving service. Sister Burton gave a great talk about the need to observe and then serve! Also I loved how tenderly President Monson talked about prayer and how miraculous it is to be able to communicate with our Heavenly Father. I loved what you said dad, that each talk had a special highlight and I truly saw that! President Eyring is the bomb! What he talked about was similar to what he talked about when he was here for the rededication, how God truly is in our lives!! Most of the time we think that He is hiding from us!! How opposite that is. When we can come to repent, pray fervently and don´t INSIST on a time limit, WE uncover our hiding spot and come to understand better the will of Him! That touched home for me!

Like all the apostles and prophets, I loved most feeling of their special witness of the Savior! If there is any testimony to receive or any doubt that remains we need only observe these men and feel the spirit that they transmit! As representatives of Jesus Christ they bear testimony of who He is and how He would be if He were with us now! I love my Savior Jesus Christ and know that He lives, I am grateful to understand more about WHO He is by following the example of His special witnesses. This week passed by super quick!! We were packed with meetings all the mornings and then were running around in the afternoons trying to find and invite everyone we could to hear the voice of the prophet. This week was the end of a transfer and Elder Mines and I will be staying together another round! I´m super excited to be able to have a consecutive transfer with a companion again, it brings a huge blessing of experience in our work. We've been able to learn a lot and hope to apply and get more and more comfortable this next transfer. We are working on finding investigators right now. We feel that the Lord is helping us to see from another angle in our missionary efforts. Things are kinda slow right now and most of those who we were working with have asked for more time to think about what we´ve taught them... It will come as a blessing as we are patient! :)

Elder Mines and Elder Jolley

Well I gotta get going, I hope that you all have a great week! Saludos a the Campbells! Get pictures of mom camping!! Hehe just kidding I know it has happened before! :) This week I loved reading in Romans about the blessing and miracle of the Atonement in our lives. In the scriptures it mentions many times what our Savior went through in His life to prepare himself for the Atonement, a few things are His obedience, willingness and the suffering that He went through in order to understand us better. I loved what President Monson said about making sure that we don´t Condemn others! Also what a blessing to know that God doesn´t condemn us for our weaknesses.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

In the end, if we choose to follow the call of Christ to repent and make the necesary changes in our lives then we are assured that we will not be condemned in the last days. We should also know that it isn´t good to condemn ourselves or dwell on those things that we lack in. If Christ accomplished what He said He did then we should live in peace and only work to be better disciples of Chirst!

I know that this church has living prophets and that it has been restored to its fulness as the Lord promised it would!

I love ya tons! :)
Elder Jolley

As you´ll see in one of the pictures, I got a haircut! :) I don´t know if you remember back to when I was in Longchamps and our stories back there but we had a repeat! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment