Monday, November 5, 2012

Hello!! :)

So good to hear from you guys! Wow, this week was a lot of "events" to be filled in on! Halloween, Hurricane Sandy, elections, a lot of things going on back home! I have been a little bit worried about elections and really agree with you mother! Ha things are picking up speed in the whole process of things and it is nice to be "built upon a sure foundation." Elder Mines and I have been hearing a lot from President Stapley of different changes as more and more missionaries begin to join the team! How important it is (sky-man) that we are prepared for missionary service! Even more though, how important it is that we ALL learn and are involved in the service of Discipleship! How comforting to know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only thing that will "unite men and nations in the last-days!" We had a really good week and personally couldn´t be more grateful for my time as a full time missionary! :) I´m sure I´ll hear about the elections this week, but still I´d love to hear a little bit more about what you guys think next week! (My prediction can be summed up in Alma 4 :) )

Hello humidity, I remember you! Haha wow it has gotten hot! Right now the humidity is a lot so I think that´s what changes things more than anything! We have brought the fans back into our room at night and the mosquitos and bed bugs have come back a little more fiercely, but things are great and I prefer this weather over the cold any day! The afternoons are beautiful, the sun stays out a little bit longer and temperatures also cool down a little bit- feels like a nice day in California! :) I´m super glad to hear that Aubrey got in contact with you guys... I was getting a little worried that I didn´t know my own families number (oh wait.. I didn´t! Haha) The things that she has are yours to open when you get them.. I just said that it was a Christmas package because I figured I wouldn´t see another American before Christmas time! Hope that the things don´t stink... I remember the package from Ryan, so I´m a little self-councious of "my Argentine odor!" haha. ¡Qué disfruten!

This week was a little bit of the same story... Haha we will not and have not lost our diligence in the work and only are trying to understand more what else we can do in our part of the Vineyard! Truly we see many, many blessings in our lives and with our investigators! We love them and this week we have been able to feel more of our Heavenly Father's inspiration guiding us to strengthen and prepare them for what this Gospel has in store for them. A blessing that I´ve seen this week has been that our prayers have been being answered with our boy Lenn! We´ve been praying hard to know what we can teach him, what more he needs to hear. We had a fantastic lesson this week with him where he committed to live the word of wisdom!! We have been working with him for awhile with this and finally he was able to tell us, "I feel like I can do this and that it´s the right thing to do." Wahoo!! :) It was a powerful lesson and such a big blessing for him to feel that way! Looking back on our Teaching Records and the things that we had shared with him, we noticed how the Lord had prepared every word that we had shared so that Lenn could feel the spirit and have the strength to take this step in his life! It was one of the "Wow" moments where we were able to realize that our prayers really had been answered! The same happened with Gonzalo! Gonzalo is a very smart kid. He has read by now the whole book of Gospel Principles and understands it all. The other day we came with a sweet activity.. Magic Tricks! :) The purpose was to explain repentance and the miracle that it is in our lives! Little did we know that Gonzalo had read the night before that section in Gospel Principles and had been thinking a lot about it! He continues to keep his commitments and try and learn more each time that we can pass by! Although things pass slowly sometimes, I am 100% sure that our Heavenly Father hears and answers EVERY prayer that we humbly offer.

10 Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers.

11 I know thy heart, and have heard thy prayers...

I was so impressed by your experience while house hunting! :) It makes me so happy that my family is living the Gospel and is striving to be better! Don´t worry :) God knows us! and the desires of our hearts and will answer. Just keep holding on and you´ll be able to feel what is right!

I love ya´ll so much and thank you for your example! Thanks for the support that you give to me and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment