Monday, February 4, 2013

Hello family!! :)

Who knew it was superbowl weekend??.. hmm. Hope that you are all doing well! I´m short on time this week.. so sorry. With this being Elder Villalbas last week we´ve been taking care of different things (cleaning the apartment...) we´re kept busy! Elder Villalba is such a stud.. so proud of the Gaucho! He is such a good buddy and I´m sad to see him leave but couldn´t be more grateful for the time that we´ve been together. In Villa Elvira we´re working harder than ever and "I believe in Miracles", the Lord has truly opened up the heavens for us! We had one of the most incredible Sundays. We had 5 Investigators show up in church and 2 less active families!! Some of the hardest trials that we´ve had is having the people be interested in the Gospel message. They are free to accept or reject what we teach. This week we´ve found more people that are READY and INTERESTED in the Gospel!! :) what an incredible joy that that has brought into my life! The familia Ortiz Martinez, such capos, came to church and were able to get to know members and just be in the chapel after many years! They have hit some speed bumps, but I know that they are willing. Each time we go I´m convinced more and more that we were sent to their home! Their daughter Abril accepted a baptismal date for the 23 of February.. I was on an exchange the day that they invited her with some Elders in our Zone but was so happy to hear about it! That same day Elder Villalba and his companion contacted a reference that we received named Carla. When I was with Elder Mines we had seen her a
couple times but as far as teaching we never were able to get very far. When they passed by though she told them that she wanted to listen to our message and said she was willing to prepare herself to get baptized as well!! :) Ha.. viste?? Last night we finished our day and our weekly goals with a lesson that an hermana in our ward had set up for us. She had a friend named Martina, she is a single mom with the cutest little daughter named Zoe.  Martina went to church yesterday and said that she would love to talk with us. We talked to her about the things that happen in our lives and the decisions that we can end up taking. We felt to share with her the experience of the Sons of Mosiah:

24 For, said he, I have repented of my sins, and have been redeemed of the Lord; behold I am born of the Spirit.

25 And the Lord said unto me: Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters;

26 And thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God.

She had been looking for a change of perspective spiritually and when we invited her to prepare to be baptized she willingly accepted. My favorite moment of the day was the prayer that she gave at the end of the lesson. We had explained to her that when we pray we will know that God hears and answers us by the feelings that come to our hearts. She began to pray and in the middle of the prayer just stopped... for a moment it was just silent but then she continued and finished the prayer. After we asked what had happened, she said that she had felt something different than anything she´s ever felt before that made her feel so good inside. Wow! My testimony that the Lord works with us is so strong. I honestly say that "as to my own strength (or ability) I am weak" but the Lord is capable to do all things! He really has opened up the windows of Heaven for us. I am eternally grateful and filled with so much love for my Savior. I know that this church is true and will go forward in the time and ways of the Lord! It is better that way!

Love ya family! :)
Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment