Monday, February 11, 2013

A BAPTISM!!! :) Wahoo!

Hey family! ah.. how refreshing to have a baptism. The Lord really has taken us for a great "journey" to be able to get to this point. I took a minute today and thought back on everything that the Lord has put in our path to first take us to the bottom, second to purify us, and last to become the missionaries that He needed us to be. Words can´t explain how grateful I am for these last 6 months. I wouldn´t trade them for the world, but it sure was time for a baptism! Haha. Damian Avila (el hijo de la familia Cejas) and his little sister Mité made the decision to get baptized this last week. The original plan was to wait for the whole family, but as we taught them about the blessings or baptisms they made the decision to get baptized before so that their family would be more fully blessed by the spirit of the Lord in their house! Damian is 9 and Mité is 8.. they are awesome kids and it turned out to be an excellent baptismal service! The stake primary choir (super official right!..) came and sung for them and were there to welcome them into the primary. We had a few investigators there and we all felt the spirit really strong. I believe I told you about Karina and her son Jhordan (shordan). They were able to be in the baptism, afterwards I talked a little bit with Karina and she said that she had never seen something so beautiful and the whole time just felt joy! She is progressing incredibly!! From the first time she prayed she had her answer that this is the Lord's church and that it´s true and from that moment she has been super sensitive to the spirit and can recognize it in her life! The baptism went really really well and look forward to the end of the month when another daughter of the familia Cejas will be baptized. I loved the testimony of her mom in the baptism, " Estoy re feliz que mis hijos hayan tomado este decisión para bautizarse y que por medio del Evangelio nuestra familia es cada vez más unida. Espero el día cuando nos sellemos como familia!" GENIAL!! They have the Gospel as their base and the temple as their goal! :)

Sigo en Villa Elvira! :) I´m super excited to be doing another transfer in Villa Elvira and SO excited to be working with Elder Jarvis, my new companion. We´ve known each other in the mission. (When I first got to Argentina he was in my district.) He is a stud Elder with a lot of ganas para trabajar and continue the work here. He just got called to be a Zone Leader so I´m thrilled to hear his fresh ideas! He is from Mesa, Arizona. A heads up for the Nielsons, he and his family are Mountain View Torros! I don´t know if they would know the Jarvis Family?? I´m super excited for the new transfer. This one is only gonna be 4 weeks because of changes in the mission program so RIGHT TO WORK for us! :)

Elder Villalba ya se fue.. wow it was super hard to say goodbye to him. In the end we became super good friends and we saw and felt the Lord's hand many times while we served. It was also a weird transfer meeting having to see 4 of my 6 companions head home. Elder Lewis, Elder Merritt, Elder Mines and Elder Villalba are all headed home together... I´m left a little solo.

Well family we´ve got a packed afternoon and we gotta get to work. I wanted to share with you guys a couple scriptures I found on Sunday. We talked in Sunday School about the fall of Adam and Eve. I am so grateful that they did!! We learned that by them falling the marvelous Plan of God was put into play and because of their separation we now can know about the merciful gift of the Atonement. As we talked about how it must have felt for them to have experienced spiritual and physical death, I thought a lot about the many times in our lives when we feel like we "die" or for one reason or another are separated from God's love. It happens a lot. In Moses 5 the angel of the Lord teaches Adam what the "remedy" for our personal falls is- the Savior of the World. I love Moses 5:10-12

10 And in that day Adam blessed God and was filled, and began to prophesy concerning all the families of the earth, saying: Blessed be the name of God, for because of my transgression my eyes are opened, and in this life I shall have joy, and again in the flesh I shall see God.

11 And Eve, his wife, heard all these things and was glad, saying: Were it not for our transgression we never should have had seed, and never should have known good and evil, and the joy of our redemption, and the eternal life which God giveth unto all the obedient. 

12 And Adam and Eve blessed the name of God, and they made all things known unto their sons and their daughters.

Gracias a la Expiación de Cristo nosotros podemos encontrar gozo en nuestras vida y ser consolados por todas las bendiciones que nos proporciona el Salvador. I know that it is true. I have felt this redemption in my life and have been redeemed of the fall and with all my heart I want everyone to feel as I do. We must continue with steadfast faith in Christ until the end! This is the true church and the Book of Mormon was written to convince us the Jesus is the Christ- it has that evidence.

Have a great week! Love you ALL tons! :)
Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment