Monday, January 28, 2013

Dear Family!

FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS MAMA!! :)

What a week to tell you guys about! I´m not sure HOW but I´ll do my best. I sure believe that there are special moments when we are blessed to learn more about ourselves and in turn grow closer to our Heavenly Father. Through revelations and the still small testimony builders that happen every day it could not be more clear that God loves us so much and has GREAT things planned for our futures. It´s impossible to deny that there is a God in His heaven who knows us. This week has been a special week to see that tanto cómo misionero y con nuestros investigadores.

I think I told you a little bit about the Flia. Ortiz Martinez... maybe not?? No me recuerdo.. Anyways there is this amazing family that we met recently. Betina and Javier are married (it´s a big deal when you find married people) and are both inactive members of the church. They have two amazing kids, Elias and Abril. They were happy to receive us and from day one we were laughing and were able to develop so much confidence with them. They´ve gone through some hard times and from what they told us they are in great need of the Gospel. Last night we passed by and taught them about Jesus Christ, His propósito en el Plan de Salvación por todos nosotros. It was a great lesson.. but what was
even better was what we were able to open up and then teach more about. They expressed to us doubts in their faith about God and His nature. The Lord has so kindly taught us that these are His children and can´t just be talked at, but has allowed us to see what they need and then give them the porción of the Gospel that they need. Abrilita isn´t a member so our goal is to activate this great family and help them to be an eternal family!! It was genial, last night we were talking about how our Heavenly Father teaches us even when we make mistakes, Betina made the comment, "Oh, I get it. God really is a father, He is our Dad!" then began to explain what she had learned to her husband and family. Wow!! The spirit was soo strong and a really great experience!

Also this week we were working hard to continue to help and get to know our zone! We´ve put the meta to help all the areas work better with their members, in a way to grow the spirit of missionary work in the wards and to help our investigators feel more comfortable in the chapel. It has been a really inspired work that Pte. Stapley is helping us to learn! In our exchanges that we´re doing I went out with Elder Escobar from Chili. He is new in the mission but this Elder is incredible. Such a powerhouse missionary! A lot of the time I was just letting him take over and do everything! We have an amazing zone! Fa wish you guys could meet them all! This last week we had some of the highest numbers we´ve seen (numbers aren´t what matters- we are more than happy because it shows that we are understanding and working as a team!)

On Friday we had surprise interviews with Presidente Stapley! We were supposed to do them in the coming week but had to change his schedule. SO we got everything ready for him down here in La Plata and turned out to be the best interviews that I´ve had. I got to be first and Presidente and I were chatting for about a half hour or so.. he is an amazing and inspired man. I learned things about myself that I didn´t know. I had been praying that the Lord would continue to teach what it is that I can do to help the zone and Villa Elvira and had some of the strongest impressions in that interview. President shared with me a scripture that I wanted to share with you guys in 1 Pedro 1:5-9:

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be,ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

My testimony is that it is like Peter explains. Sometimes we cannot see what the Lord has in store for us and we must pass through trials at times, but I love Him and am grateful to serve Him. I promise that what we go through will all be worth it one day and know our Savior Jesus Christ will teach us as we allow Him to mold us. I love being a missionary- couldn´t be who the Lord wants me to be without this experience.

I hope that you guys have a great week! Happy February! :) Un abrazo a todos ustedes y un besito.

(Big hug, little kiss)
Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment