Monday, July 2, 2012

Querido familia!

What a great day for emails. I was filled with your love and loved to hear about your summer fun! Glad to hear that all is well with everyone and that ustedes están tan felices. (I put until September of 2013 for the new Jeep!) Wow... super weird to hear about Ryan's week. Kinda hit me strangely to imagine that he´ll be with you all tomorrow. I am glad to be here en La Argentina and this last week have really realized the need for passion in our work and for what we do. I´m excited to hear about this experience that you´ll have. (I´d love to know strange details Skyler.. if the waist has "expanded" if there is facial hair!! haha the works).

It´s been a great week in Fiorito. The highlight of the week was entrevistas con Presidente Stapley! I know without doubt that that man is inspired by God. We had an amazing chat and was truly uplifted from how he has lived his life, things that he has done and still maintains to be the great man that he is. I have a great respect for Mission Presidents and am so grateful for the impact that they have on missionaries. Time after time there comes the advice that is needed! We had the entrevistas Thursday that took up most of the morning, we also were given some training by the Asistentes and Lideres de Zona. They have been super impressed by the change in Fiorito (I think everyone has been) and left us with some big desafios to aumentar our work and to grow in faith and desire for what we can achieve. Translados are coming up in a couple weeks, I should stay for at least one more, but I´m really not liking the thought that my time is getting shorter here in Fiorito. I have been blessed beyond measure by being here in this area and truly feel amazed at all that the Lord has allowed us to do. We left from Entrevistas with a new desire and a greater fire for what we were going to do.

Our week has been focused a lot on our Fechas. Really toning into what we need to do to help them arrive at baptism. This Saturday that is coming we are going to have a baptism for Donene!! I´m so excited. As of a couple weeks ago he was sitting on the fence with his decision, hadn't really accepted the spirit as an answer. In these weeks though we´ve been blessed to have outstanding spiritual experiences with him that has allowed him to put himself firm in the decision. Haha... the only day he told us, "if it were for me I´d throw myself in the water today!" We like that kinda attitude! :) It´s been a tremendous journey with him and to see Heavenly Father extend His peace and love to Donene´s heart to allow him to feel secure. I know that this church is true. Couldn´t know it more! There is a power behind true testimony, it WILL NOT FAIL when we ask our Heavenly Father and His spirit confirms the truth. Highland, Utah doesn´t really give the world's view on religion, I´m grateful to see SO much confusion in religion, but to see so clearly the truth.

Luis is trucking along. Here there is something call fiaca.. it´s a beast! Fiaca = Laziness. The "simple" cure is patience and an increase in our faith in Jesus Christ and these tender whisperings of the Spirit. We started this treatment a while ago, but this week were able to see the man progress!! :) We´ve been going to visit the Familia Martinez often just to read from the Book of Mormon. When we come we explain what we are going to read and from that point on Luis is the man! He wants to read everything. We read from Alma 36 about the conversion of Alma- taking all his pains and having them transformed into pure joy! At the end of the lesson Luis was explaining how amazing that change was... He was super interested in this change! What touched me the most was that he told us, "I finally get it, I finally understand what this Book is talking about. Before it was confusing, but today was Bien Claro!" Vamos todavia! He is kapo and is a real testimony of the power of change that the Atonement brings! We´ve been counting on the Book of Mormon to be our best friend and it´s been working absolute miracles in laying out the pure doctrine that The Church of Jesus Christ offers.

Yesterday was a satisfying Sunday! President Pulido has become a best friend. We can truly rely on him now and know that he is going to teach according to the spirit. He has changed completely. Yesterday he taught the Gospel Principles class and I sat in the back just filled with joy as he taught. Nobody gave 2 pesos to his cause, but I´m thankful to see what Love and Patience is capable of doing. I love Nephi 32:

1 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, I suppose that ye ponder somewhat in your hearts concerning that which ye should do after ye have entered in by the way. But, behold, why do ye ponder these things in your hearts?

2 Do ye not remember that I said unto you that after ye had received the Holy Ghost ye could speak with the tongue of angels? And now, how could ye speak with the tongue of angels save it were by the Holy Ghost?

3 Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.

4 Wherefore, now after I have spoken these words, if ye cannot understand them it will be because ye ask not, neither do ye knock; wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but must perish in the dark.

5 For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do.

When the Spirit of the Lord enters into our lives and we accept Him, we will be guided in what we are supposed to do and who we are supposed to become. We must give ear to what He says because He will tell us what to say.. we truly take the place of Angels. When we learn to follow and do as the spirit says, God sees no need to send anyone else because that same glory and power will be given to us! President Pulido has been able to do that and I know that we can to.

We continue to be excited for the temple re-dedication! Missionary efforts are beginning to be focused in this event. I miss the temple so much! We were told that all missionaries will participate in the Re-dedication of the Buenos Aires Temple! How great of an experience that will be! We´ll be working a lot with our members and menos-activos this month in helping them be prepared for this event! President Eyring should be coming! :)

My time is up, but thanks again for all the letters! Please, give Ryan a super big hug for me and tell him (in person) how much we all love him and are grateful for his example! Mom and Dad.. Happy Anniversary!! :) My mind went back to Lake Powell A YEAR AGO! I hope you had a great time together! Thanks for your example of a covenant keeping matrimonio. Love you all and love my Savior Jesus Christ and LOVE being His missionary.

Elder Jolley (el Único)

No comments:

Post a Comment