Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dear Family!!

AH! Welcome Home Ryan! :) What a crazy week to be a part of... I´ve been literally shaking as a read your letters! I was so excited to see what this week was like for you guys! I was trying to follow the day a little bit as to when he´d get home, but turns out I was sleeping when he got home! Igual had a little bienvenida for him in the house of Donene and Juana! He had a sweet gorra that reminded me of Mongolia so I asked permission to use. (also please get a good look at the tie I was sporting! haha)

 

Turns out we didn´t have the baptism. Juana wasn´t quite ready so she wouldn´t have been able to be baptized. When we talked to Donene about that he was firm in wanting to do things as a "team" something that turned out being a lot better I believe. This last week we´ve passed by a few more times and have put thought into each lesson and la verdad is que nosotros tuvimos algunas leccions LLENO con el Espiritu! They´ve been able to grow more and more firm in their testimonies. I love our soon to be converts they are fantastic and truly are convertited to this gospel. My day gets better from the happiness that is there when we can speak with them. This Saturday (for sure!) we´ll be having 3 baptisms!! Donene, Juana, and a man named Sandro. Sandro was a reference that we received from a couple Elders in another zone. He had been listening to them for algunos meses, was ready to be baptized but needed to fix some problems on the home front. His relationship wasn´t healthy and to be able to put his life in order with the Lords standards he got separated and moved away. He has a powerful and profound testimony of the Book of Mormon. A true desire to follow our Savior and has felt His love in his life. We are extremely thankful for this addition in our work! This week was mainly focused on them, to make sure they are definitely prepared for Saturday. Sorry, wait one more week for the finale! :) ...Luis. Uh we´ve been trying to pass by to meet with him and figure out what he´s thinking but every time we came by he had something to go and do, but later found him outside al pedo! It´s been pretty sad for me but we keep pressing on and trying to help him obtain the gospel in his life! I´ll keep ya updated.

Right now we are realizing that we´re in need of "fresh meat" that is ready to receive the gospel. We´ve had a couple great contacts and follow up lessons with FAMILIES! Wahoo. How great it is to meet and teach a family!! Truly i´ve been able to recognize our Fathers plan for this sacred...thing? (I´m lost as to what you´d use there..) Yesterday we met with both of them.. only were able to teach one because of a futbol game that was happening, bummer! I´m super hopeful for this family, Mario y Miriam and their 3 kids. We were able to teach a great lesson about the restoration. This week i´ve been really working to become a better and more powerful teacher. In being direct and preaching "Salvation" has been a true blessing to us as we´ve had the companionship of the spirit with us, also it has helped us to progress further in helping these people accept our message. It is a project to become a good teacher and requires a lot of patience. I´ve been really involved in reading Jesus the Christ this week. An inspired book!! I am learning about how Christ developed and began His ministry. Precept upon precept we are able to grow in grace and truth. He truly is our greatest Teacher because of the example that He set.

John 1 it talks about the when Christ called His disciples who were curious but desirous to learn and to know more about this Messiah that they had heard much about. We too can be related to these disciples as we look to become better in our lives:

36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the aLamb of God!

37 And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.

38 Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Master, where dwellest thou?

39 He saith unto them, Come and see...

Many times in our lives we have great challenges that we seek solutions to. In these challenges, I thank my Heavenly Father that we have the example and the invitation of Christ himself to "come and see" what it is that He offers. I know that we must grow in our understanding of The Son of God, by doing so I promise that our testimonies and endurance will grow and the things that He will show us will give us the exit that we need to a live full of peace and love! I hope you all have a great week! I love you all and love my Savior Jesus Christ. He is Gods beloved son, I know it to be true!

With all my love, Elder Jolley


 A picture of the Semena. A new system being tested in
our home to better manage our area

  Pizza! I continue with my habits and got Papa Murphy's! haha

Mmm... mangos!

No comments:

Post a Comment