Monday, June 25, 2012

Hello Queridos!

Well.. this week is a little different. We´re in a junky Cyber with AC/DC blaring and images of Dad singing and doing some sick air guitar are coming to my mind, we all need a good chuckle sometimes :). Time is flying by and I can do nothing but be grateful for our Father in Heavens hand in our lives. We are able to do a lot of things in our lifetime but I´m grateful for a set-apart time to come to know my Savior more and rely upon Him in all moments. What an incredible week here in Buenos Aires! :) it´s been B.E.A.Utiful this week and I´ve been able to soak in just how much I love Argentina. Mi hijito continues to be such a kapo in all he does. He is going to do great things in the mission and has such a strong testimony of the Savior. It´s been a great couple weeks, I think I´ve been trained more than he has in our time! A lot happened this week so i´ll try and dive in.

A BAPTISM!! wahoo Maria and Luz are such angels! We had one of the best baptisms, FILLED with the spirit and so much love. The baptism preparations were... complicated. I have a testimony that Heavenly Father gives us tender mercies. Saturday was a busy day that with each visit that we made became more and more backed up. I get kinda stressed out when i´m not punctual so when we were about an hour late to our lunch cita, i think Elder Alvarado was a little confused when I just stopped talking in order to keep positive! (he he) When we got to the capilla we were running tight on time and were running trying to clean the capilla and do all the baptism preparations. I think the ward forgot to clean that day so it was a lot of work. We made it in time and had a simple but powerful service. Presidente Pulido was asked to perform the baptism which was a neat experience for me to be able to watch from the outside and take part in the spirit of this special moment in their lives. Afterwards we celebrated Maria´s 77th birthday with some delicious Torta! The ward really showed up for us and welcomed these new hermanas so kindly! The next day we again were filled with the spirit and love of the Savior as we were able to confirm them members of the Church. Luz y Maria both broke down in tears and a lot of thanks for what they had received. It was a humbling moment as Maria took our hand afterward and told us that "since the day we came to their house, things have never been the same." What a special privilege to be on the Lords errand and see His power in the lives of those who go without His spirit for such a long time. To introduce His love back in their lives is incredible.

Elder Alvarado, Maria, Luz and Elder Jolley

Elder Alvarado, Pte. Pulido, Elder Jolley,
Maria and Luz

Unfortunately Luis was not able to make it to be baptized.. When we passed by on Thursday we found him a little bit "drunk" that was a HUGE hit for me. He had been over a month clean and was progressing so well. I felt in that moment that all we had done was lost and really that all hope had gone when we fell into addiction again. I wasn´t angry but I was hurt because of how strong I know He is and how hard satan works. He stayed in my mind the rest of the week. I learned a great truth about the Savior and was grateful to be drawn closer to Him. Jeremiah 17:7 taught me a lot about the role of the Savior in our lives.

7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.

The Atonement of Jesus Christ does prohibit progression when we fall. The Lord does not loose hope and further Himself in the MANY times when we fall. Hope is a special characteristic that the Savior achieved for us. He had, and still has, so much hope for what we can become. It was because of this hope that He died for us and finished His preparations for us with the Father. IF we place our hope in the power of getting back up we to can have the Hope of a better world as Moroni taught. I was humbled as a realized an opportunity to understand the Savior's love as a missionary. Luis is a amazing example. My hope is expressed as the Saviors, to move closer and express love and positivity in the ability to press on, enduring. What a perfect example our Savior is. I´m grateful to hope in a better Elder Jolley because of the hope that comes the Atonement. I know that it is possible to become better than we believe we can. I know Luis will be baptized in July. We are excited to bring the love of Christ and help him achieve this hope to rest in the mansions prepared.

Time is a pain. Ha I want to let you know that Fiorito is a strong area and that there is much success that is coming! We are improving as teachers and as people! I´m thrilled for what we´ll be able to do as we get closer to the re-dedication of the Temple.

I love you all and thank you for your support and for your great letters! Love to see pictures. (I know the same can be said about me!) We´ll all work on them! Have a great week.

Elder Jolley

PS. Not sure how I´m feeling about Elder Jolley coming home.. doesn´t seem real. Trying not to think about it too much just cause I don´t want to be home with you guys for the moment. I´m excited for you to have Ryan back for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment