Monday, June 18, 2012

Querido Familia

Sorry for the Spanish email! Haha.. it slips outs! I hope that you all had such a great week and from the sounds of it, summer is treating you guys well. I love hearing about all that keeps you busy and the funny little things that pop up. Sometimes life is like that, "jumps up and bites ya in the buttox" but what a blessing it is to have to means to continue forward despite it all! I hope that the pipe gets fixed soon! Its been interesting as I can scan the experiences that I´ve had and can remember days and remember that I never thought I´d be able to get past them. As Pres. Eyring said though, compared to what He has faced as He continue his journey in life these appear so so small. I am grateful this week for this knowledge and for the continued support that it gives to me. Training is amazing!! My little guy is such a powerful missionary and a great friend already. He has been teaching me tons (especially in Spanish!) and we have been able to find a good rumba this week for what we want to accomplish as a companionship in our area. He is a hard worker and has true desire to learn and adapt to being out on the mission again.

This week that is coming we´ll be having a BAPTISM for Luz and Maria! They are angels. Unfortunately Luis won´t be able to because he didn´t come to church. I´ve been so impressed by this family and more grateful for our Savior in our experiences with the Flia. Martinez. I have come to see what power the Gospel of Jesus Christ has when faithfully applied in our lives. They have come to grow closer to the Lord and are very excited for their baptism this Saturday! We had a lesson with them earlier this week and were blown away when we showed up and saw a couple new people. They told us that "the kids in this neighborhood just have to listen to you muchachos because they need help!" One of them, I think I´ve told you about, is Daniel. We have talked with Daniel a couple times and he remains interested and has a true desire to be better in his life. We´ve taught him/ are helping him to quit smoking and to read the Book of Mormon. In a lesson that we had Maria ended up cutting us off and asked if she could explain.. "maybe a little more clear" than we could! Haha she looked Daniel in the face and said, "Danny, this book says it more clear than the bible! and if you have a question.. just open this book up to ANY page and there you´ll find the answer!" Haha I´m excited for her to get baptized and then take my position as a missionary! This family is super special and I´ve really grow to love them, for who they are but more for what they´ve done to grow closer to Christ. It takes a lot and their faith is impressive.

We had a great capacitaciĆ³n this week with the lideres de zona where we were able to focus on Our Missionary Purpose a little bit more. We talked about baptism and the importance of inviting people to get baptized and the sacred responsibility that we have to do so! They shared a scripture in Alma 13 that I loved:

10 Now, as I said concerning the holy order, or this high priesthood, there were many who were ordained and became high priests of God; and it was on account of their exceeding faith and repentance, and their righteousness before God, they choosing to repent and work righteousness rather than to perish;

11 Therefore they were called after this holy order, and were sanctified, and their garments were washed white through the blood of the Lamb.

12 Now they, after being sanctified by the Holy Ghost, having their garments made white, being pure and spotless before God, could not look upon sin save it were with abhorrence; and there were many, exceedingly great many, who were made pure and entered into the rest of the Lord their God.

13 And now, my brethren, I would that ye should humble yourselves before God, and bring forth fruit meet for repentance, that ye may also enter into that rest.

As missionaries we´ve been called to this same order with a commission to help people become sanctified and be made spotless. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I know that it is this that our Religion makes itself different from all the rest. It is by applying habits of FAITH, REPENTANCE, CLEANSING OURSELVES, FOLLOWING GUIDANCE OF HOLY GHOST, AND ENDURANCE TO THE END that we are able to become "saints" even "Children of Christ." Without the proper application of this Gospel in our lives, we believe in the same thing that others do. (of course we believe in doing these things according to the Restored Priesthood authority too but the point makes itself) What a blessing that has been in my week, to come to understand that and to learn how to apply that to the lives of our Investigators.

We are healthy and happy here in Fiorito. We have many things improving in our area as we go out with enthusiasm and excitement. I continue to see the power of the spirit leading us to become better, in our lives and in our Rama. We have a special group of people here that are striving to become better and our leaders are amazing! They have been able to feel they spirit of Christ in their lives and to act upon it! I am grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful that He experienced mortality as we do. In D&C 93:12-13 it explains the perfectness of our Master Teacher. He too was tried and had to learn by experience. How grateful I am that He could superar (English ?) all and give us the hope that we need to continue to improve every day! I love you all and am grateful for you!

Have a great week!

Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment