Monday, May 14, 2012

Hey family!!

Wow... don´t know if it even feels like 5 months from Christmas, yesterday felt too normal to be talking to you all! SO good to see all your smiling faces (please excuse my mix up on time and for holding back the frustration with the mix up!) I can´t believe how different you all look and sound- Andraya! It was great to talk with you and I really can´t say enough how much I appreciate the support and the love that comes from your end.

Well I´ll try and wrap up a few things that I wasn´t able to explain when we were talking. Our baptism with Juan was the Highlight of the week and a great "goal achieving" experience for us! In Fiorito we had one of the best weeks that I´ve seen in my time here. We were so blessed to have the Lord's hand in our lives guiding us and directing us to be Producing Misioneros! Something clicked this week and we were able to work in a better way. We had a scripture shared with us that really affected my outlook on the work that we do in the Lord's Church.


Elder Merritt, Juan and Elder Jolley

3 Nephi 26:8-11 says:

 8 And these things have I written, which are a lesser part of the things which he taught the people; and I have written them to the intent that they may be brought again unto this people, from the Gentiles, according to the words which Jesus hath spoken.

 9 And when they shall have received this, which is expedient that they should have first, to try their faith, and if it shall so be that they shall believe these things then shall the greater things be made
manifest unto them.

10 And if it so be that they will not believe these things, then shall the greater things be withheld from them, unto their condemnation.

11 Behold, I was about to write them, all which were engraven upon the plates of Nephi, but the Lord forbade it, saying: I will try the faith of my people.

Although it is talking about the Book of Mormon, we learned that it applies to more than just that. As we work as members of the church we know that there are the mysteries of God and the majesty of His numberless creations, there is a lot available to us His children. Naturally here in the mission field I have the desire to do all by the power of the spirit and to achieve the greatest goals possible. I
learned this week that sometimes the Lord tests us in a more simple way. Sometimes we have missed out on opportunities to bring a member to a lesson because we didn´t feel the revelation of who we can bring or who would be best. The Lord might "forbid" to give us the greater blessings in His work until we can accomplish the little things He has asked us to do. I was grateful for that lesson that taught me to be more faithful in His work and in obeying every little thing He asks even if I don´t feel like I´m receiving all the possibilities that His blessings bring. We were able to, without questions, cumplir con our Heavenly Father this week and we saw His blessings.

We worked a lot with a family Martinez who has a fecha bautismal for the 2 June. This family is so great! The are such fans of religion and of God. They are an older lady Luz, her daughter Maria, their
grandson Luis, and a friend named Rodrigo. We taught them about the Restoration this last week and after inviting them to be baptized, Luz mentioned something to us that was really great, we had asked them to pray to know if this message is true when she quickly stopped us and explained that she had already prayed.. She had asked God that if this is the way that she should follow to allow Elder Merritt and I to keep showing up at their house! I am super excited for this family. They have come to church and told us how much they loved it. They will be some work but I believe that we´ll have a great day on June 2nd! :)

Well time has caught up with me, again it was so so good to talk with you all yesterday and what a blessing you all are in my life. Thanks for keeping me in touch and for your constant prayers. I know that the Lord looks for our dedicaton and our willingness to continue forward in obedience and faith.. and so we will do! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Con amor   Elder Jolley

Dad Good luck with your big race this weekend!! Go get em tiger! Run your little bum off. You. Can. Do. It! I hope you have a great week and your the man! :)

End of a long day waiting for a collectivo...

These last two are of a zone activity...
We were playing fútbol and just hanging out.

No comments:

Post a Comment