Monday, March 26, 2012

Hey everyone!!

Wow how time just flies! Glad to hear that you all decoded my message last week, good news is that we´ve got a high class keyboard going on right here and that we´ll hopefully make more sense today!

Today has been a great day, we´re together with the district today going around and crossing things off the list. I love in this area, how much more involved the district is, we really make it a point to get together and do things to help benefit each other. A really good experience that we had this week was on Friday. Our district leader, Elder Tantachuco had some training on weekly planning so we reunioned ourselves and really tried to figure out how to be better planners... I learned that isn´t the best idea to get six 19-20 year kids together just yet, a little maturing needs done on our part! Ha We had a good time and we were able to share lots of ideas on how to help investigators and progress in our areas. I learned a really powerful lesson that really has changed my idea of my mission. The past couple weeks we haven´t had to many opportunities to meet with investigators, so unfortunately our desire for baptism hasn´t really reflected when we set our goals. We had a great moment to reflect on our last couple weeks and be able to see that the Lord truly gives according to the desires of our hearts. I was humbled greatly in that moment and recognized my need show my Heavenly Father my desires to complete with my purpose. Elder Merritt and I had a couple of evaluating moments and moved forward with faith. That afternoon we weren´t able to meet with a couple less active families, so on our way to visit a few contacts that we had done, we walked in front of a couple Pibes that were sitting outside. They called us over to talk about "la palabra" usually this is a moment to pretend that you don´t know castellano and just keep going forward, but we decided to head over and talk to them. Turns out that this kid was really great! His name is Cristian and he has grown up in rough experiences. We talked with him a little bit about what we do and what it is that we teach. After a minute some more of his friends came up and started to talk to us about their beliefs and their doubts in religion and in God. Haha Elder Merritt and I had an interesting teaching moment as we ended up separating and teaching 2 different groups. He taught to these kids about our purpose here in life and how important God is to us. I was able to talk and bear testimony to Cristian of the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.. ah!! Nothing greater than to testify of that! I felt the spirit very strong as I also saw that the spirit had had an affect on this kid as well. He admitted to his desires to leave from the bad habits that he had and told me that he believed that our Savior could be of help to him. Wow! We had a great lesson with these guys and were given a huge tender mercy that after 2 weeks without finding any investigators we were blessed to find 3... just by being directed by our Heavenly Father. I learned how much "better gifts" our Heavenly Father is capable of giving when we set our desires with steadfast faith in Him. This Wednesday we´ll be having interviews with President Stapely! I am so excited, I love that man and excited to be able to receive more direction from Him.

This week was such a lesson learning week. I feel like Fiorito is just a huge refining fire. I have noticed a huge pattern in my time here. A moment of confusion and hardship as my faith is tested, followed by some aspect of the work that the Savior wants me to be more responsible and according to our obedience and diligence in growing we are flooded by blessing and miracles, things just fit together without explanation. A theme for our mission has been to Sanctify ourselves so that we are worthy of the companionship of the spirit. This week I focused myself in Humility. Humility I now know is such a key attribute that we must require in order to become as Nephi and Lehi taught, "humble followers of Christ." I think as church members this truly is our goal. I was a little confused on how to become a more humble servant of my Heavenly Father, with myself and my companion. I found in Helaman 3:34-35, PURE GOLD! It talks about the people of Nephi and the difference between the two types of people that were found, and what it was that they did to prevent themselves from falling into pride and be more humble disciples of Christ:

34 And they were lifted up in pride... Now this was a great evil, which did cause the more humble part of the people to suffer great persecutions, and to wade through much affliction.

35 Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God.

MANY cries were made this week! I know that calling upon our Savior in our weak moments allows us to be strengthened in our weaknesses. I know that the Atonement of Christ is a strengthening and supporting power, and when we cry unto Him it strengthens our testimony and our faith in the Son of God! Time continues to fly.. I hope that you all have a great week. I love being a missionary and to have the privilege to declare to the world of the change that takes place as we cry unto the Lord in our weaknesses and as we strive to grow firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ. He is willing to lead us as we give more importance to Him in our lives.

I love you all and pray the Lords choicest blessings for you!

Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment